This role will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing of cabling systems used for data, voice, and video communication.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installing, terminating, and testing various types of cables, including copper (Ethernet) and fiber optic cables, following industry standards and best practices.
- Documenting the cabling infrastructure, including cable types, termination points, labeling, and patch panel assignments, to facilitate troubleshooting and future maintenance.
- Installing and terminating network cables, including copper and fiber optic cables, in commercial and residential buildings.
- Testing and troubleshooting of issues with network communication, test cable continuity, signal strength, and data transmission quality and resolve connectivity problems, cable faults, or signal degradation.
- Operate hand tools, power tools, ladders and testing equipment’s.
- Coordinate with engineers and collaborate on projects to ensure the successful implementation and integration of cabling systems with other network infrastructure components.
- Safely and proficiently performing work at heights, including ladder climbing, scaffolding, and use of safety equipment, while installing and maintaining cabling infrastructure.
- Hold Trade Certificate or Diploma in Electrical, Electronics and Networking and Telecommunication or a related field.
- Willingness to travel to sites and work outside normal business hours.
- Prior experience in structured copper and fiber cabling would be an added advantage.
- Have a clean and valid group 2 driving license.