This role will join our IOT Support team and will be responsible for deployment and support of IOT Infrastructure Solutions that includes Structured Cabling, Networking and Security Products, from leading Technology vendors in partnership with Datec.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide installation, technical support and troubleshooting assistance for IoT products and solutions to customers.
- Developing a deep understanding of the systems & software used in IOT (E-Transport, PBX, Biometric & Access Control, CCTV) platforms.
- Running diagnostic tests, investigating faults, and providing technical support while assisting with the isolation and rectification of structured cabling faults.
- Understanding in AutoCAD drawings, with proficiency in managing and troubleshooting CAD files within the context of IOT applications.
- Working closely with the ICT Team, Product Management, Sales & Marketing teams to develop solutions. Provide technical assistance during the pre-sales stage for solutions implemented while working with our product vendors on product implementation.
- Safely and proficiently performing work at heights, including ladder climbing, scaffolding, and use of safety equipment, while installing and maintaining cabling infrastructure.
- Provide training and documentation to customers and internal teams on IoT products, features, and best practices.
- Hold Trade Diploma or Degree qualification in Computing Science, Electrical and Telecommunications Engineering and Information Systems or a related field.
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in ICT infrastructure deployment, integration, system migration, project management and support.
- Have Professional IT Certification – CCNA, MCP, 3M, Systimax, Commscope, Dahua, ZKTeco products or similar would be an added advantage.
- Have a clean and valid group 2 driving license.